collapse

Author Topic: Bermuda mixture rates for Hydroseeding  (Read 5687 times)

Offline cccupp

• Forum Member
Bermuda mixture rates for Hydroseeding
« on: Sat May 15, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »
Can anyone give me a standard Bremuda mixture rate along with the fertilizer and mulch per acre.  Mainly for the Memphis Tn area.

Offline easygrass

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Legend
  • Fort Worth, Texas
Re: Bermuda mixture rates for Hydroseeding
« Reply #1 on: Sun May 16, 2010, 01:55:57 PM »
Bermuda grass 1-2 pounds per 1,000sq.ft. mulch 1,500# to 2,000# per. Ac   I would ask you about the fertilizer, What dose the soil test tell you, or what dose the Ag, department recommend to use in your area per ac. also I would look into and organic fertilizer.
" awareness of the environment through a physical sensation "

Offline Whysod

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Legend
  • Phoenix, AZ
    • http://www.whysod.com
« Reply #2 on: Sun May 16, 2010, 03:11:19 PM »
I would like to elaborate on what easygrass said.  Most varieties of bermudagrass seed these days are only available as coated seed.  The seed producers say the inert coating makes the seed is easier to handle.   But the coating is half of the weight of the bag and washes off in the tank of the hydroseeding machine.  Personally, I try to avoid coated seed whenever raw seed is available.  I would suggest asking the supplier if raw (un-coated) seed is available.  If you are using coated seed, you should use twice as much as you would if it were un-coated.

Also, most bermudagrass varieties are only available as hulled seed.  Seed producers remove the hull to make it germinate faster.  Some seed producers make un-hulled seed available by special order.  And some high-end bermudagrass varieties (like Riviera and Barbados) are a mix of hulled and un-hulled seed.  Personally, I prefer to mix hulled and un-hulled seed half and half by weight (about 60/40 by seed count) if / when I can get it.  My experience is un-hulled seed can germinate under slightly less favorable conditions, making it less likely that I will have to go back and touch-up the lawn.

Hope this helps.
Rick Hardy, Nature's Way HydroSeeding, Phoenix, AZ.,
Specilizing in residential size lawns since 1992.
300 gal Finn T-30 with 250 gallon Nurse tank.

Offline cccupp

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: Sun May 16, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »
Thanks so much for the info.

* Recent Posts

* Calendar

May 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20