Main Category > Using a Hydroseeding unit for Anti-Icing, De-Icing & Liquids for Anti-Icing

Deicing roofs??

(1/3) > >>

sonic340:
OK, this may sound stupid, but I have a question.  I was thinking of trying some deicing/anti-icing with my hydro next winter and it got me thinking about all these ice jams and snow loads on commercial roofs around here.  I'm in ND and there have been companies shoveling snow from roofs and using manlifts and whatnot to remove snow and ice.  Has anyone used liquids to try and solve this problem?  I'm also a commercial pilot and having been deiced with the airlines it got me thinking about trying this process or perhaps using heated fluid/water mix like the way they deice airplanes and trying to get it to slide right off.

I know it probably sounds like a dumb idea but just wondering guys.  Thanks for any input.

Ultimate:
Don't know anything about using a hydroseeder for deicing roofs. but I have some experience as to using a ground thaw unit to melt the snow off of a third story roof that was endanger of collapsing with the help of my lift truck.  The money was great and the customer was happy to keep his roof in place.  I tried to upload a picture of the process with no success.  Good Luck in your new adventure!

Turboguy:
That is an interesting thought.  Most years that has not been a big problem here but these past storms are a little different.  We have lots of roof damage around here, lots of trees down, and lots of gutters hanging or laying where they should not be. 

Ultimate, If you want to email the photo to me I can post it for you or if it would not post because of size I can reduce it and send it back.

hydroservice:
As with any Ice melting product it will work at the right temperature. If you could find something environmentally acceptable it would probably work. Interesting question.

Lush Lawns:

--- Quote from: sonic340 on Wed February 24, 2010, 10:12:44 PM ---OK, this may sound stupid, but I have a question.  I was thinking of trying some deicing/anti-icing with my hydro next winter and it got me thinking about all these ice jams and snow loads on commercial roofs around here.  I'm in ND and there have been companies shoveling snow from roofs and using manlifts and whatnot to remove snow and ice.  Has anyone used liquids to try and solve this problem?  I'm also a commercial pilot and having been deiced with the airlines it got me thinking about trying this process or perhaps using heated fluid/water mix like the way they deice airplanes and trying to get it to slide right off.

I know it probably sounds like a dumb idea but just wondering guys.  Thanks for any input.

--- End quote ---

Run this idea by your insurance agent and get a liability coverage quote for a real eye opener. You may very well decide to skip it after that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version