Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/hydroseeding.org/public_html/jcms/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/hydroseeding.org/public_html/jcms/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178
DirtGlue - Dust control - Gravel road...

Main Category > Erosion Control

DirtGlue - Dust control - Gravel road...

(1/8) > >>

MarksTLC:
My question is for those that have used the product.. I have a seasonal site at an area campground. There are almost 3 miles of gravel road winding in and around the grounds.

I have suggested DG for the control of dust generated from the daily use of the roads. My question is how long will the product hold up under everyday travel of these roads.

Quantities to use?
Frequency of applications?
- that kind of thing. Do not worry about the amount of rain, that can't be predicted. I'm just curious about the dust control on a (dry) gravel road used by trucks, cars and golf carts everyday.

Thanks much, Mark

TerrawoRx Services:
Mark,

The product you want to look into is DustLess as it is designed for dirt roads. If Im not mistaken the amount of product that needs to go down is about 800 gallons per acre. Typically they recommend restructuring the road in order to achieve the maximum output of the product however that is very unrealistic and in many cases not within the current budgets. The product will typically last 9 - 18 months though the variable is the road condition and how it was built. At any rate it will dramatically reduce the dust issue and solve a lot of the problems. The product is not cheap by any means but it does do the job.

Keep in mind that you do not want to use the DirtGlue product as the DustLess is specifically designed for dirt roads.

Contact me if you would like some assistance.

Regards,

MarksTLC:
Is Dustless (environmentally) safe? The EPA has been cracking down on campgrounds big time. Many used to use oil and that of course is a no no.

Thanks.

TerrawoRx Services:
Mark,

All of the DirtGlue products including DustLess have been approved by the EPA as environmentally friendly and non-toxic! They do pride themselves on that factor!

MarksTLC:

--- Quote from: WebeHumus on Tue June 30, 2009, 12:55:11 PM ---Mark,

The product you want to look into is DustLess as it is designed for dirt roads. If I'm not mistaken the amount of product that needs to go down is about 800 gallons per acre.

--- End quote ---

Wow. If my math is right 3 miles is just shy of 3 acres with the roads being an average of 8 feet across. That is 2400 gallons of DustLess.   Although that may cover them for the year - How much is 2400 gallons? How heavy is it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version