Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/hydroseeding.org/public_html/jcms/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/hydroseeding.org/public_html/jcms/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178
erosion control pricing

Main Category > Erosion Control

erosion control pricing

(1/2) > >>

NW Hydroseeding:
How do you charge for erosion control jobs. I have been dong mostly lawns with the occasional erosion control job. I just purchased a new machine that can spray 100% wood so I can tackle more erosion control jobs. I charge $.10 per sqft for a 10,000sqft lawn. What should I charge for a 10,000sqft erosion control job. I guessing I should charge more because I usually put it on thicker on slopes. What about BFM and FGM pricing.  I have never used it but I am guessing it costs more than regular wood mulch.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Terry

Turboguy:
I am not sure I can be much help with this but my pricing is about in line with yours for residential.   I do some erosion control jobs but have usually just been doing a heavier application of the same materials.  I have never used Flexterra or a BFM on a job.  With Flexterra you are going to pay more than double what you are paying for a wood mulch, maybe triple and it does need to be applied heavily so you are going to have more loads.  I would think about 15 cents a sq. ft. for a heavy application of wood mulch and 20-25 cents for Flexterra but I am guessing a bit.  Hopefully someone will post who has sprayed Flexterra.  I have only sprayed it when Profile came in and we tried it in our units which did fine.

landscaper1009:
Good Morning. 
In this part of the country, I need to ask if it is temporary or permanent erosion control.  Most of the regulatory agencies have a minimum requirements and your price needs to reflect that.  In the mid-Atlantic area, most ec projects are seeded / fertilized to meet the requirements and stabilized with straw or hay and then tacked (or secured) with paper mulch.
Prices can be very low.

Bowie Man:
Some factors to consider when pricing Erosion Control jobs.  The price of products like Flexterra can run up to 3 times the cost of wood mulch.  Additionally the rates are much higher 3,500 to 4,000lbs / acre.
For comparison you are shooting two jobs.
Job 1;  Wood mulch at 2,000lbs/acre = 40 bales/acre.   If you load 7 bales in your unit you can cover 7.600sqft/tank
Job 2; Flexterra mulch at 4,000lbs/acre = 80 bales/acre  That same load in the machine now only covers 3,800sqft

Not only is your material more expensive your labor and time on the job has easily doubled.

Landman:
In all honesty we can't give you good numbers because we don't know your overhead. I can say in my part of the country i can do flextera for 15-19 cents a ft and make great money. I know my overhead and what things cost me. You need to figure out your costs and what you wanna make then you'll have an idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version