collapse

Author Topic: New Pond Build  (Read 756 times)

Offline Jday18

New Pond Build
« on: Mon January 24, 2022, 12:16:31 PM »
Hey guys just found this forum. trying to learn all about Hydroseeding. I have a new area pond being built and was thinking of hydroseeding the dam. I was thinking of renting a 600 gallon machine from Sunbelt and doing it myself. Can anyone point me in the direction I need to find the materials to go in the machine? Also thought this might not be a terrible side business to get into. So any tips or pointers would be appreciated. I live about an hour north of Houston Texas.

Offline Turboguy

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • Beaver Falls, PA
    • Turbo Turf HydroSeeding Systems
Re: New Pond Build
« Reply #1 on: Tue January 25, 2022, 05:29:37 AM »
We are happy to help with that.  Finding materials can be challenging even though there are a lot of places to get them.  So a while back some of us from the hydroseeding association decided to come up with a web site to make it easier.  Here is a link to the Texas page of the site I built for the International Association of HydroSeeding Professionals. 

https://hydroseedingsupplyfinder.com/hydroseeding-supplies-texas/

There is a pretty good list of places that sell materials.  A couple of others are Ewing Irrigation Stores and Site One Services stores also generally carry hydroseeding supplies. 

Hydroseeding can be a really good side business.  The machines are pretty easy to run and the learning curve isn't that bad.  For just doing your own project I would not worry about this but the Hydroseeding Association does have a lot of online seminars that can be helpful.  If you decide you want to do it as a side gig some of those seminars might be helpful.   For anyone who might read this and want more information here is a link to the list of seminars that are held in the late fall and winter and are available as a recording after the live session is completed.   

https://hydroseeding.org/online-seminars/

If you have any other questions let us know.  We are here to help.
Turbo Turf HS-400-XPW

Offline Airway Partners

Re: New Pond Build
« Reply #2 on: Fri April 29, 2022, 11:47:00 AM »
I'm located about an hour north of Houston also if your still  interested.  I have a 700 gal unit and would be happy to help you with hydroseeding your dam.

* Recent Posts

Re: HELP! I am new to hydroseeding and need advice! by Turboguy
[Tue June 14, 2022, 12:19:10 PM]

Re: HELP! I am new to hydroseeding and need advice! by Chump
[Tue June 14, 2022, 11:54:08 AM]

Re: HELP! I am new to hydroseeding and need advice! by hydroservice
[Tue June 14, 2022, 10:38:01 AM]

HELP! I am new to hydroseeding and need advice! by Chump
[Mon June 13, 2022, 09:46:00 PM]

Re: 2002 Easy Lawn L65 by Turboguy
[Tue June 07, 2022, 01:10:44 PM]

* Calendar