collapse

Author Topic: Huge yard...how do I water it??  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Mothershead

Huge yard...how do I water it??
« on: Thu April 14, 2016, 08:41:37 PM »
We have an acre lot with about 3/4 of it recently hydroseeded. I'm wondering the best way to water? We know it has to be watered 3 times a day but we both work full time jobs and it's almost impossible to do that. So far we have been watering by hand 2 times a day but I feel like we are walking on it too much. Tonight we tried sprinklers and moving them around to cover the area. The area is just soooo big it seems impossible to get all of it. Does having a hose laid out all the time ruin the hydroseed?? Any suggestions??

Offline Delores23

Re: Huge yard...how do I water it??
« Reply #1 on: Tue January 30, 2018, 09:17:10 AM »
It would be easier if you Install a Drip Irrigation System in Your Yard.

Offline heather_w

« Reply #2 on: Tue April 14, 2020, 01:29:36 AM »
We have an acre lot with about 3/4 of it recently hydroseeded. I'm wondering the best way to water? We know it has to be watered 3 times a day but we both work full time jobs and it's almost impossible to do that. So far we have been watering by hand 2 times a day but I feel like we are walking on it too much. Tonight we tried sprinklers and moving them around to cover the area. The area is just soooo big it seems impossible to get all of it. Does having a hose laid out all the time ruin the hydroseed?? Any suggestions??

Same situation here. We have an acre of hydroseeded lawn, but haven't pre-installed an irrigation system (my bad).
Manually watering with a hose is not an option. It's time consuming and not really effective. Manually putting a sprinkler (we have Gardena) in the yard and turning it on for 10-20 minutes per day works great for the front yard, but as of now, we do not have a hose spigot in our backyard. As for now I continue to water it manually, but what others options do we have?
« Last Edit: Mon April 20, 2020, 12:11:32 AM by heather_w »

Offline Turboguy

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • Beaver Falls, PA
    • Turbo Turf HydroSeeding Systems
« Reply #3 on: Fri April 17, 2020, 12:22:26 PM »
That is sort of a tough question to answer without really seeing your lawn and set up.  I think it depends on what investment you want to make.  I believe Home Depot may sell some fairly reasonably priced timers for watering.  You could probably run quite a bit of hose and still have enough pressure to run sprinkles.  You could add some splitters and set up timers so only one is running at a time.  Otherwise I would say it might be more economical to just keep watering the back yard by hand. 
Turbo Turf HS-400-XPW

Offline hydroservice

• Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: Tue May 05, 2020, 03:55:51 PM »
Could rent a water canon. need a hydrant for water source
Erosion Control Equipment & Products Since 1947
                     Pittsfield, Maine
                        FINN T-330

* Recent Posts

Re: Anyone having problems with the new profile premium wood mulch by Turboguy
[Thu August 06, 2020, 09:38:53 PM]

Re: Anyone having problems with the new profile premium wood mulch by janniboy@roadrunner.com
[Thu August 06, 2020, 08:33:05 PM]

Re: Nozzle selection? by Turboguy
[Tue August 04, 2020, 09:10:47 PM]

Re: Nozzle selection? by EvergreenD
[Tue August 04, 2020, 12:56:54 PM]

Re: Nozzle selection? by EvergreenD
[Mon August 03, 2020, 09:38:19 PM]

* Calendar

August 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15