collapse

Author Topic: Temp Irrigation  (Read 574 times)

Offline GreenGoHydro

Temp Irrigation
« on: Thu February 13, 2020, 08:37:21 PM »
Thank you all for being so much help for someone new to the business.  We are doing some temporary irrigation and was curious if anyone has much experience setting it up?  Is there any advice you would give?  Also how would you recommend charging for it? Do you charge by the square foot or what? Thanks again for everyone's help.

Thanks,
Mo

Offline Turboguy

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • Beaver Falls, PA
    • Turbo Turf HydroSeeding Systems
Re: Temp Irrigation
« Reply #1 on: Thu February 20, 2020, 10:11:13 AM »
I am not sure I can be of much help with this one.  I have talked to a few people who set up temporary irrigation after hydroseeding but have never done it myself. 

I would probably suggest charging for a portion of whatever the cost of the materials you are using, timers, hoses, etc. and for the time you would be investing in setting up the temporary irrigation system.
Turbo Turf HS-400-XPW

Offline janniboy@roadrunner.com

Re: Temp Irrigation
« Reply #2 on: Sun May 10, 2020, 08:32:44 AM »
I offer to set it up and charge a 3 week minimum.  I started with Yard Camel Boxes, biggest pieces of S*$% I have ever spent money on.  I ended up tossing the heads and rebuilding all the valves and timers.  So you could do the same with a five gallon bucket.  From day one just complete crap.  Valves stuck open, valves not open, sprinkler heads stuck, etc, etc.  You will NOT make money renting the irrigation system.  Once set up you will have to swing by and check on it to insure it is still functioning, not pooling yada yada yada.. However, what is does do for me is guarantees my grass will germinate.  To explain a watering schedule to a home owner and to have them actually follow through is next to impossible.  So without the irrigation when their grass doesn't come up they are going to blame me and think they should have used straw or sod or done it themselves!  Then they will tell their friends the same thing.  So basically it becomes and advertising expense.  Some of my contractors will not spring for the irrigation so I price it in,  they know the difference it makes, but they watch every  penny. 

* Recent Posts

Considering Upgrade to TurfMaker 1000 by Canadian Hydroseed
[Today at 03:04:21 PM]

Re: mixing mulches by Bowie Man
[Tue September 22, 2020, 09:18:44 AM]

Re: mixing mulches by Turboguy
[Thu September 17, 2020, 06:10:10 AM]

mixing mulches by Daler
[Thu September 17, 2020, 01:59:09 AM]

Re: How to convert a trailer to a truck mount? by hydroservice
[Tue September 15, 2020, 12:36:28 PM]

* Calendar